The quinceañera has its origins many centuries ago, when both boys and girls participated in rites of passage. To prepare for womanhood, girls were separated from other children at a certain age so the elder women could teach them about their future roles as members of family and community. During the official rites of passage, the community would thank the gods for the future wives and mothers, and the young women would vow to serve the community.
Later, missionaries turned the event into a personal affirmation of faith by the young women and a church celebration became an important part of the occasion.
Today, the quinceañera celebration often is a lavish party that may include a live music, a huge party and many guests—much like a wedding. Planning for a quinceañera can start as early as the birth of a daughter.
Some of the traditions are:
- Receiving a church blessing
- Having 14 male and female attendants and escorts, called damas and chambelanes, to represent the previous 14 years of life
- Presenting a porcelain doll to a younger sister to symbolize leaving childhood behind, or receiving a final doll from her godparents
- Changing from flats into high-heeled shoes to represent becoming a young woman
- Dancing the first dance with her father
It does not matter your tradicion or Meaning of Quinceañera, everyone knows is a special event for every girl, therefore let us be part of it, we assure we will make your day Memorable, We give you an experience that will endure a lifetime.